On behalf of the directors and officers, we are grateful for your continued support for the NY CPCU Chapter. We are striving to bring you the best from our chapter based on these goals.
- Continue the vision of Steve Isenburg, the immediate past president: to gain more interest with brokers, adjusters, and others within the insurance industry apart from underwriting;
- Attract all generations, especially with the emerging workforce of Millennials and Generation Z, to join the chapter;
- Streamline our collaborative efforts with The Institutes for better data collection and lower chapter costs;
- Maintain our ethics and broadly encourage diversity within our membership
Since January 2019, we have performed the following items:
- Appointed a chapter member to serve in a Communications role to improve our website and social media presence;
- Started on the process of data clean-up to ensure that we have up-to-date information within our mailing lists;
- Surveyed members, especially Millennials and Generation Z, to hone in their interests;
- Held an ethics seminar focused on diversity with plans to host another diversity-related event or activity.
- Partnered with 3iG, CAIA, IBANY, Gamma Iota Sigma at St. John’s University (as well as other students and faculty to encourage involvement in our chapter), and a few other CPCU chapters and agreed that any active 3iG member, IBANY member, or CPCU member from outside New York will get “paid NY CPCU member” prices at upcoming events.
Our ask is for your active involvement to help our chapter achieve its goals. You can do that by:
- Attending our events and bringing a guest;
- Providing us your ideas via email at email@example.com or speaking with one of our board members;
- Encouraging CPCUs in your company to renew their memberships in the CPCU Society;
- Promoting volunteerism among CPCU students to work at events and assist in projects;
- Asking your company if it can sponsor an event;
- Joining our Linkedin group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2135718/.
We look forward to seeing you at our events, and should you have any questions, please feel free to email us, and one of our board members will be in touch with you.
Martin K. Ridgers
NY CPCU Chapter President